1.05.2009

Happy New Year!

After what seems like an eternity away from flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and the computer, I'm back in Brooklyn itching to bake. But, before I move on to 2009, there are a few things from 2008 that I did not get the chance to post before fleeing the city for the mountains.

First up is Cake Thursday: December 18th

The invite:



The Cake:









Next up is the cake my friend Aaron baked for the holidays, a Cranberry Walnut Upside Down Cake (recipe via Dorrie Greenspan's Baking from My Home to Yours).



Though the image is a bit of a blur, I think the cake came out beautifully—and it was his first!

Last, but not least, I caught this post on The Brooklyn Kitchen Blog of their Crown Roast Cake made to celebrate the opening of Marlow & Daughters...



Note to vegetarians: Perhaps a new way to have your meat and eat it to?

3 comments:

superfine* said...

hi jessica,

what a way to end the year! what's the frosting and inside?

what are you considering for this thursday?

happy new year!

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

The decorations on your Winter Wonderland cake are fab!!!

Jessica said...

Superfine,
It was a Browned-Butter Almond Cake with Whipped Cream Buttercream. Due to another cake event this week, the next Cake Thursday is the 15th...and I have no idea what to bake yet...If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Mevrouw Cupcake,
Thanks for the compliment!