6.04.2009

(Happy Birthday) Cake Thursday: May 28th



It's kind of crazy that a year has now passed since I started Cake Thursday. What was once a small gathering has turned into a large bi-weekly cake-fest, and a wonderful way for me to get better as a baker and incorporate my love of arts, crafts, and design with my love of cake.

I designed an invitation that showed the progression of cakes that made up the inaugural year:



On a dorky whim, I printed it out, tabloid size, and give away "limited-edition signed and numbered prints" as a thank you to those who came to celebrate with me.

As for the cake, I thought a birthday classic was appropriate, so I bake a two-layer yellow butter cake,



frosted it with chocolate frosting,



and covered the entire lot with bright blue confectioners sugar icing in free form lines and swirls—topped off with the requisite candle, of course.



I can hardly wait to see (and taste) what comes next...

1 comment:

Mari said...

Keep it up! I've enjoyed drooling over your posts this past year!